Friday, June 6, 2014

Friends Friday: Kathryn

Name: Kathryn Moore
Age: 18
Occupation: Part time employee at a local non-profit & future crazed college student
Location: VA

What does your average day look like? 
I haven’t developed a routine yet because my summer has just started, but recently I’ve been waking up (rather late too, I was so sleep-deprived!), and making a healthy breakfast while the Frasier re-runs play. Then I’ll do some work with college things, or just general unavoidable tasks, like organizing the deep, dark depths of my room. Chances are I’ve been texting a friend to hang out that day, so then I’ll get ready for that and we’ll go on an adventure because it’s summer and we can! Yay! 
If you're on the computer, what are you generally doing?
Checking Pinterest, Bloglovin, or Tumblr. Pinterest & Bloglovin feed my creative side, while Tumblr feeds a sense of humor that probably no one should possess. Or Buzzfeed quizzes. All of the Buzzfeed quizzes.
What degree are you starting toward in the fall & why did you choose it?
HA! If only I knew. Right now, I’m thinking about staying undecided & exploring other options, but one huge part of me just wants to take my chances with Arts Management, because I love the creativity and the problem-solving that has to go along with managing, but with arts I wouldn’t be confined to life in a stuffy office. Well, that’s the dream anyway. But I know I love to travel, I like people, & I like organizing & problem solving, so hopefully I can find a degree to suit all of that. Suggestions? Aaaaand go! 
Do you have any fun plans for the summer?
I’m planning a few small trips here and there, to D.C. & Charleston, but other than that, I’m letting this summer be a relaxing one. Usually, my mom and I go somewhere in Europe, but we were just too busy this year to plan anything. I would like to explore the local area though, because I feel like so many new and exciting things are FINALLY popping up around the 757, hooray!
Which do you prefer: beach or pool?
I prefer pool water (I’m a swimmer, what can I say) but there’s nothing quite like sandy beaches and tourist-ing in your own city.  
What is your favorite thing to edit your photos with for your gorgeous instagram feed?
VSCO, hands down. Seriously, I would marry VSCO if it were a person. Truuueee loooove.
What are you obsessed with lately?
Recently I’ve been obsessed with maps, vintage skirts, & colorful hair. Maps keep me from going completely crazy while I wait for my next international adventure, vintage skirts seem like the perfect summer uniform for the heat we’re about to experience in good ol’ southern Virginia, and four years in a private school made me dream for the days of non-dress code confining hair colors, so now I’m gathering ideas together for multi-colored tresses! (That was the longest sentence ever, I am so sorry.)
If you had to pick one place to live for the rest of your life, where would you choose and why?
Paris, if I could speak French. I’ve been there twice and I just love the Parisian vibe. My mom and I joke that people who eat croissants, bring their dogs everywhere, and make snarky comments are definitely my kind of people, but I also really love the architecture & the lay out of the city. It’s also meant for people-watching, which totally appeals to the busy-body side of me. And the art, too. And it’s close to so many other amazing cities, so I would never be without a place to travel next!
What kind of hobbies do you have?
I used to be so big into hobbies! Then school took over and now most of my creative time has to wait for summer. That being said, I love to knit, bake, sew, and read. When I was younger, I was really into jewelry making and would spend hours at a time working on different pieces, so I would like to start that up again, too. And photography, duh. (;
What inspires you?
My family and my Instagram feed, mostly. I’m lucky to come from a family of creators. My dad is a jack-of-all-trades, my mother and sister sew, and my other sister loves interior decorating, so inspiration abounds. Instagram keeps me constantly thinking of new ideas when I see everyone’s beautiful pictures on my phone all the time.
Who is your favorite author?
I can’t choose one author! I guess my favorite of all time would be Harper Lee, she has such a way of describing places and people, but she only wrote one masterpiece for us to enjoy. I would also say J.K. Rowling because HULLO, Harry Potter. She knows how to tell an enthralling story, that’s for sure!
You can visit Kathryn's Pinterest and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment