Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Graduation just got real folks...

It's really crazy to me if I start thinking about it. My best friend is graduating at the end of this week and I just finished my first year of college. It feels like just the other day we were still unsure about boys. Wait, sorry, that actually was the other day. Still though, I remember when being freshman in highschool seemed like a big deal. Now? I'm addressing graduation announcements. Honestly, I was never one of those kids who just loved highschool anyway, and I love college. However, there's a certain realness to it now that all my friends are graduating/have graduated and, in a couple weeks, I'll be walking in a cap and gown. It's hard/absolutely terrifying to think that we're nearly adults. We're the next generation and that should scare most people I'm pretty sure. We're growing up and that's crazy to me. I guess I've kind of been dreaming of this day for so long that it's weird to think it's finally here. There's a certain nostalgia to it all.
I'm really pretty sure I'm going to bawl my eyes out while my best friend receives her diploma. It's going to become real to me that this phase of our lives is over. Heck, it's been over for me for a year and, yet, I'm just now coming to this realization. It's not even that I just love being a teenager, because my friends will tell you I don't like it at all. Being a grown up is just scary to me...So, here we stand, on the edge of adulthood. I never thought I'd be sad about this, but it's a good kind of sad, not a I-still-want-to-be-a-child kind of sad. Just a this-has-been-really-nice-while-it-lasted kind of sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment