Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cashiering/My first job

Today was my first official day cashiering at my first job (I'm not telling where, don't come watch me). It was actually a lot easier than they make it sound in training. I'll be relieved when I finally memorize all these numbers though. People act like I'm torturing them if I have to look up the code for their dragonfruit. No really creepy guys bought condoms from me or anything. Just a whole bunch of Blue Bell ice cream and wine coolers. What else can I tell you? It's a job. It brings in the mullah and it isn't prostitution. There isn't any job where you won't ever have to deal with stupid people, so I'm not going to complain. I did have this guy ask, "Girl, you be on Facebook?" and that made me chuckle a little bit. My favorite thing about the job? Putting the WIC vouchers and checks in the machine so it can do it's little printer thingy to them! It's SO cool! All the people training with me were laughing cause I got excited, but come on! Technology man! That's cool stuff! Second favorite thing is that the register tells you the exact amount of bills and change to give back! You just have to be able to count to 10 and you're golden. It's so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment